Monday, August 27, 2007

I think my guildmates are getting mad...

Not really... but am I hearing a few more, "Damn, more hunter loot" comments over TeamSpeak. Last week, I was along for my first (guild second) completion of the Opera event in Karazhan. We downed Romulo and Julianne and I ended up with [Romulo's Poison Vial]. Still deciding whether it's worth the trinket slot, but no one else seemed to want it and I didn't want to see it DE'd. We use a simple /roll system, so no DKP to be spent. The guild would rather see the same person get 5 items a run (if they're upgrades) than see things turned into shards, so it's all good.

This week, we had another good run. Dropped Moroes on the first attempt. My lag was horrible, and my framerates not much better for some reason (too many addons?), and I died about 30 seconds into the fight. Not even sure what killed me as I never saw it. Thankfully, I had done my trap duty before I took a dirt nap, so....

On we went to Opera, and got the Big Bad Wolf for the first time. People seemed a bit unprepared for the Little Red Riding Hoof (LRRH) debuff, so we had 2 wipes, but managed to get him down on the third attempt, albeit with only half of us still standing.

Quick Hunter Tips:

1. You can Feign Death when you get the LRRH debuff. Trick is to stay "dead" until it wears off. It can also be resisted, so pay attention.
2. The same person can get the LRRH debuff twice in a row. As a hunter, if this happens to you, you'd better run, because your Feign cooldown will not be up.
3. (General Tip) Don't rub against the walls or the props. It will slow you down and may let him catch and eat you.

Back to our story. So we resurrect everyone and loot the wolf and [Big Bad Wolf's Paw] *and* [Beastmaw Pauldrons] drop.


Thankfully it wasn't the [Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle] and the shoulders, or I think I would have been excommunicated. I took the shoulders and the rogues fought over the paw. It's not a dedicated Hunter item, but could be an upgrade for some with a decent off-hand. I don't really like dual-wielding (yet). When they release the +20 Agility enchant, I might change my mind, but right now I think the RAP and general stats you get from the 2-handers -- particularly polearms -- are much better than dual wielding.

We were running out of time for the night, so we backtracked to Maiden and killed her for fun, although she did get us once too. :) (Unlucky bit that. Our priest got hit with Holy Fire *just* at the wrong moment.) Amazing how hard that fight seemed just a month ago, and now that we've gotten the dance down, she's almost what I would consider "farm" status.

Tonight, we're going to tackle Attumen quickly for access to the blacksmith and then smash our faces against the Curator for another 90 minutes or so. :)

No comments: