Monday, September 10, 2007

Now I'm scared...

My guild is getting pretty good at this Karazhan thing. :)

Two weeks ago, we had to do some swapping of characters to bring our DPS up to the point of having enough for The Curator's Astral Flares. This week, our "set" group just owned Curator. (We won't mention the three tries on Big Bad Wolf. :D)

Basically the same classes were present, but the flares were going down very quickly and we had no problem with the 10th of each wave and swapping DPS to the boss during his Evocations. DPS was so good, that we only saw two Evocations. (I know this is "normal" for seasoned Kara groups, but this is only our 3rd time even getting to Curator.) The speed the fight was going was weird enough that I had to yell out in TeamSpeak, "He's enraged... go all out!" I think a few others were as surprised as I was that we only saw two waves of flares.

So we managed to take out Moroes (1-shot), Opera (:cough:), and Curator (1-shot). We were up against our self-imposed time limit and lost a player, but we did decide to back-track quickly and take out Attumen to try to get a hunter alt a crossbow and also to clear the way to the blacksmith for repairs.

Tonight we will make our first attempt at Shade of Aran and collect our "free" Chess event loot. If we're able to, we may even poke our head in on The Prince and say "Hi".

Nifty new banner/signature tool is out there. Here's mine:




EDIT: Oh... almost forgot. Here's one to file under the "Good Deeds are Rewarded" folder. My guildmate was running Botanica. (I've been in there a bunch. Never got the drop(s) I wanted.) It's a Sunday afternoon. I'm normally not on, but the weather was crappy and the family was tired. He calls out that they're losing their DPS'er just before the last two bosses. I figure, "What the hell?". I'll help out a guildmate and help him finish off the instance. He was working on rep or looking for a drop or something. I didn't even care. It was 30 minutes at most and I could help out. We drop the "plant boss" with no problem and move on. Not even sure I looked at the loot. We get to Warp Splinter and he does down with very little trouble. Cleanest kill I've ever had on him, actually. What drops. You guessed it... [Beast Lord Cuirass]. While not an enormous upgrade, it does give me two pieces of the set, which gets me my trap bonus. I also had the mats lying around for a +6 to all Stats enchant and found some cheap but decent gems on the AH, and it pretty handily out-classes my previous chest piece. My luck continues with drops. It's really scaring me now.

2 comments:

Mana Battery Bitch said...

Color me jealous! Congrats though, and I'll offer my theory that the hunter gods/goddesses are in a merciful phase as our hunter is getting purple after purple as well. He's out only 70 hunter so even if he's a trial the loot gets defaulted to him. I think he's had about 5 Kara drops so far, if not more. I say make the most of it while it lasts! ;P

Aran, oh Aran. I can't offer much advice beyond do. not. move. Which you already know. Seriously though, every single wipe we had was because somebody moved. I did it one of those times, not realising that even turning on the spot would trigger it. So take it from me, don't try that! Haha. It might take a few tries to properly learn it, but that's really all it is. I once compared the Aran fight to a non-WoW friend as trying to play Super Mario (the only game I could be sure she'd be familiar with) on a play station portable while simultaneously trying to play DDR with a slow-moving song. DPS while dancing, pretty much. Best of luck on the dancemoves!

Mana Battery Bitch said...

...compared the fight FOR a non-WoW friend TO trying to play...


Augh.